Become a Member of the National Association of Blind Students
NABS is a far-reaching network of diverse and talented students. We are making a difference every day, furthering the rights of blind students across the country and creating a powerful community to learn and grow. Whether you are looking to get involved with one of our committees, gain support from other students, or simply make the most of the resources NABS has to offer, becoming a member is the place to start! There are two steps to this process: paying your membership dues and filling out your membership registration.
2020-2021 Membership Dues
We want to notify all current and potential members of an important note for this year’s membership dues collecting process. The National Federation of the Blind is transitioning from a fiscal calendar year to a regular calendar year (beginning in January and ending in December.) This means that beginning in January 2022, membership will last from January 1 through December 31 rather than in between consecutive NABS Business Meetings. To help with the transition, we are making a one-time exception to our dues collecting process in advance of the January 2022 deadline in accordance with guidance put forth by the NFB's National Board of Directors. You are considered a dues-paying member until January 1, 2022 if:
- Your dues were paid last year on or before December 31, 2020
- You've paid your dues since January 1, 2021
- You will pay your $5 dues before June 21, 2021
Please note that this change will require all members to renew their membership status starting in January 2022. If you are unsure of your membership status, contact NABS secretary, Nina Marranca by email at email@example.com. If you have questions regarding your dues payment, please contact NABS Treasurer Elizabeth Rouse by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (563) 210-1854.
To become a member, dues of $5 must be payed each year per our constitution. You may become a member at any time throughout the year to engage in our efforts, with the understanding that your dues will expire on December 31 of the year you have paid. Dues may be paid by any of the methods below or by check to our NABS Treasurer at PO Box 942 Durant, IA 52747.
Fill Out Our Google Form
Please fill out our NABS membership form with your information, so that you can be added to the NABS membership roster and keep up to date with the latest and greatest happening in NABS. Please, do not fill out this form until you have payed your dues.
Requirements for maintaining membership
Members who have paid dues and filled out the Google Form must be in good standing to maintain official membership in the National Association of Blind Students. "Good Standing" is defined as:
- Members who fulfil all requirements of the Code of Conduct of the National Federation of the Blind, including affirming agreement to the Code of Conduct and being free of any expulsion or active suspension for violations of the Code of Conduct;
- Members who pay the annual membership dues of the organization as set by the Constitution and who have updated relevant information in accordance with the membership application process;
- Members who continuously commit to the “NFB Pledge”;
- Members who maintain organizational involvement;
- Members who have their membership confirmed by either being voted in by the present and voting membership or by the Board of Directors between business meetings.
We look forward to learning from you, working with you, and welcoming you into our NABS family! Please feel free to browse our website for more information about who we are and what we do. Have questions? Do not hesitate to contact our NABS leadership.