NFB-NEWSLINE is a free audio and Braille information service for anyone who is blind, low-vision, deafblind, or otherwise print-disabled that offers access to more than 500 publications, emergency weather alerts, job listings, and more. NFB-NEWSLINE subscribers have access to:
- National newspapers, including the Wall Street Journal and USA Today
- Breaking news sources, including CNN, BBC, and ESPN Online
- International newspapers, including Financial Times and Vancouver Sun
- Magazines, including Time, Consumer Reports, Guideposts, and Smithsonian
- State newspapers
- Emergency weather alerts and seven-day forecasts localized to your zip code or GPS location
- The information that scrolls along the bottom of your television screen during emergency alerts
- More than 100,000 job listings from two national job sources
There are many ways to access NFB-NEWSLINE including on Amazon and iOS devices.
The National Federation of the Blind's Independence Market is an extensive store that offers hundreds of products and literature created by and for the blind community. The 2021 Independence Market catalog is now available via Word: 2021 Independence Market Catalog
Learn more at nfb.org/independence-market.
Free White Cane Program
No blind person should be without a white cane, regardless of his or her ability to pay for it. The National Federation of the Blind provides a free white cane to any blind individual in the fifty states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico who request a cane for their personal use. Learn more and request a white cane today.
Free Slate and Stylus Program
The National Federation of the Blind distributes a plastic, four-line, twenty-eight cell slate along with a saddle stylus to those that need them. That includes those that are blind and low vision who know Braille or want to learn Braille. Learn more and request a slate and stylus.